The Town of Culpeper Public Works Department provides trash collection for residents and businesses once per week. The following highlights the services and fees.
The Town furnishes each resident with one 95-gallon trash cart. A sanitation equipment replacement fee is charged at $2 per month.
If a resident finds that one trash cart is insufficient, additional carts may be purchased for sixty dollars ($65) each, not to exceed a total of four (4) carts. Additional carts will be billed an additional $2.00 per month and may be purchased at the Treasurer's Office, 400 South Main Street, Suite 109, Culpeper.
The Town allows up to four (4) trash carts per business at a monthly tipping fee of $13.00 per cart, plus the monthly sanitation equipment replacement fee of $2.00 per cart.
Total Monthly cost for 1 cart is $15.00 per month. Additional carts may be requested at the Town Treasurer's Office, 400 South Main Street Suite 109, Culpeper.
Only refuse contained in the 95-gallon cart(s) supplied by or purchased from the Town will be collected.
- All carts and materials must be placed at the curb or alleyway the night before or by 6 a.m. on your collection day.
- Carts should have the wheels to the curb and the lid opening to the street. Do not block mailboxes or driveways.
- Carts must be removed from the curb or alleyway within 24 hours after collection.
There are a number of reasons why your trash may have been missed.
- Special Holiday: During holiday weeks, collection could be delayed by one day depending on your pickup day. Check the holiday collection schedule.
- Unaccepted Items: If items are in the trash carts that are not accepted by the town, the waste will not be collected.
Find Your Collection Day:
- Select Culpeper Town Trash Map to view your trash pickup day.
- Enter your address into the Town interactive Webmap to determine your Public Utility Services by clicking here.
Cancellations of trash collection due to inclement weather are announced on:
- WCVA AM 1490
- WJMA FM 103.1
Holiday schedule changes are announced on the radio, local newspapers, Culpeper Media Network, Town's website, Facebook, and posted at the Municipal Building, 400 South Main Street.
For trash services or any other trash collection matters, contact Public Works Department at (540) 825-0285.
For billing related questions, contact the Town Treasurer’s Office by email at email@example.com or by phone at (540) 829-8220 .