“The Culpeper Police Department is committed to providing public safety for all citizens who live, work and play in Culpeper.”
The Culpeper Police Department is committed to:
- The impartial enforcement of criminal laws and the intelligent use of discretion in solving problems associated with crime and disorder;
- Providing police service of the highest professional quality grounded in our core values of courage, compassion, duty, and integrity;
- Showing respect for the constitutional rights and personal dignity of all people with whom we come in contact;
- Using problem solving tactics and a community-oriented policing strategy that emphasizes collaboration with other agencies, and builds partnerships with civic and service groups and with business and neighborhood associations;
- Continuous organizational improvement and receptiveness to the need for constant change in response to the many needs of a dynamic and diverse community;
- Constantly encouraging each member of our staff to assume leadership roles within our organization, to be provide high quality service, to encourage and support others, to build trust, to become agents of change, and to share a vision of an ever improving future.