- The Culpeper Police Department is committed to:Impartial enforcement and the intelligent use of discretion in the application of the criminal law to problems of crime and disorder;
- The prevention of crime and disorder through the use of problem solving tactics embedded in a community-oriented policing strategy emphasizing collaboration with other agencies as well as partnerships with civic and service groups and with neighborhood and business associations;
- Respect for the constitutional rights and personal dignity of all people iwt whom we come in contact;
- Openness and accessibility in the belief that an informed citizenry will be less fearful and better able to participate in the creation of peaceful, accessible public spaces;
- Police Service of the highest professional quality grounded in our core values of courage, compassion, duty, and integrity;
- Organizational improvement and receptiveness to the need for change in response to the changing needs of a dynamic and diverse community;
- Consistently encouraging its employees to assume roles of leadership within the organization, be agents of change, motivate others, promote trust, provide guidance, and to share our vision of the future.