Time of Use Service
ELECTRIC RATE SCHEDULES
TIME OF USE SERVICE
Rate Schedule - TOU
Pursuant to Town of Culpeper Code §24-32, the Town Council shall, from time to time, fix the rates to be paid for the use of electric services.
REQUIREMENTS FOR TIME OF USE SERVICE – SCHEDULE -TOU
EFFECTIVE: On all bills rendered on and after July 1, 2021
AVAILABILITY: Except as modified herein, this schedule is applicable, on a voluntary basis, to the supply of alternating current electricity to any non-residential Customer having within the current and previous 11 billing months at least three peak measured demands of 30 kW or more and not more than two peak measured demands of 500 kW or more.
For a Customer served under this schedule whose peak measured demand has
decreased to less than 30 kW, this schedule shall remain applicable to the Customer and the Customer shall not have the option to purchase electricity under another applicable schedule until such time the maximum measured demand has remained at less than 30 kW during all billing months within the current and previous 11 billing months.
At such time the customer no longer meets the above applicability requirements,
the customer will remain on this schedule for the period (not exceeding two additional billing months) required to achieve an orderly transfer to the applicable schedule.
For new service, this schedule is applicable, on a voluntary basis, when the anticipated kW demand meets the above criteria.
Character of Service: Service under this rate schedule shall be alternating current, 60 Hertz, at the Town’s option of the standard voltages available from its electric distribution system.
30 – DAY RATE:
- Basic customer charge $54.11 per billing month
- Plus power supply demand charge:
- For the billing months of June through September:
|kW||DEMAND||TOTAL per kW|
- For the billing months of October through May:
|kW||DEMAND||TOTAL per kW|
- Plus distribution demand charge:
- All kW of distribution demand @ $4.51 per kW
- Plus kWh charge:
- All on-peak kWh @
- All off-peak kWh @
- Fuel Adjustment: Each kilowatthour (kWh) used is subject to adjustment for charges in fuel costs, provided such fuel costs are charged to the Town by its supplier. The fuel adjustment rate is 0.00439 per kWh effective May 1, 2021.
Minimum Charge: The minimum monthly charge shall be the monthly Customer Charge.
DETERMINATION OF ON-PEAK AND OFF-PEAK HOURS:
The following on-peak and off-peak hours are applicable to the billing of all charges stated in this schedule.
- On-peak hours are as follows:
- For the period of June 1 through September 30, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Mondays through Fridays.
- For the period of October 1 through May 31, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Mondays through Fridays
- All hours not specified in IV. A. are off-peak.