Do you have discolored water? Please notify the Town by calling (540) 219-2941 or emailing DES@culpeperva.gov.
The Department of Public Works is comprised of a team of dedicated employees who perform the services needed to maintain the Town’s infrastructure. Public Works is responsible for street maintenance, snow removal, storm drainage, street signs, water and sewer line maintenance and repair, refuse and leaf collection, municipal parking, facility and fleet maintenance, general engineering, traffic engineering and the inspection of all new site and road construction projects.
Public works operations by the numbers:
- Over 150 lane miles of road. Repaving primary roads every 20 years and secondary every 35-40 years
- Over 70 miles of sidewalk
- Over 95 miles of sanitary sewer
- Over 105 miles of water lines
- 17 traffic signals
- Over 750 fire hydrants
- Water and sewer distribution to more than 6,700 residences and businesses in the Town and County
- Over 650 acres of grass mowing and landscaping
- Garbage service for more than 6,150 residences and businesses. Collecting approximately 500 tons of garbage per month
- Fleet maintenance for over 175 vehicles and equipment
- Maintenance for over 25 structures, 5 parks, 2 lakes and a boating facility
Please contact Public Works at (540) 825-0285 to report potholes, missing road signs, discolored water, water leaks, missed refuse collection or broken trash carts, removal of dead animals from streets and parks. For emergency after hours please call (540) 825-3039.