menu click



Applications for reserving pavilions, soccer fields, baseball fields, tennis courts, or other facilities are on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications are available online or at the Department of Planning & Community Development, 400 South Main Street, Suite 301.

Unless posted otherwise, the Mountain Run Lake Spillway is available for recreational use on a first-come, first-served basis from the control section toward the lake. Reservations for its use are not issued. Special care must be taken to maintain the integrity of the turf in the spillway.

Applications for major special events, which include live bands, amplifiers, or the selling of or commercial preparation of food requires prior review by the Town Parks & Recreation Commission and subsequent approval by the Town Manager. Applications are available at the Department of Planning & Community Development, 400 South Main Street, Suite 301, Culpeper.


A major event is characterized by large groups of people (other than reunions), involving bands, sale or preparation of food, etc. An application for Major Events is available through the Planning & Community Development Department. The application must be received 45 days in advance of the event. The Parks & Recreation Commission will then review the application and forward a recommendation to the Town Manager. Please inform us if your event will involve commercial activities or a request for overnight camping.

   400 S. Main St., Ste. 301
          Culpeper VA 22701

Director of Planning and Community Development, Andrew Hopewell, AICP

Town Planner, Ben Holt

Zoning and Code Inspector,Gary Cole