The Mayor and Council appoint a Town Manager, Town Attorney, Town Treasurer, and Town Clerk:
• The Town Manager is the chief administrative officer of the municipal government who carries out policy set by Council and administers Town programs. All department heads are hired by and are responsible to the Town Manager.
• The Town Attorney provides legal assistance and opinions to the Council, Town Manager, and other town departments.
• The Town Treasurer is responsible for the proper collection and disbursement of all Town funds, cash and debt management, and accounting and reporting of financial information.
• The Town Clerk is responsible for preparing and maintaining the official records of the Town, including the Fairview Cemetery , and serves as the administrative support to the legislative body, Town Manager, and Town Attorney. The Clerk also administers various local tax programs as prescribed by state law and Town ordinances.
• The Town Council meets in regular session the second Tuesday of every month in the Culpeper County Board of Supervisors Meeting Room, 302 N. Main Street, at 7:00 p.m. Meetings are televised live on the Culpeper Media Network Channel.
Meeting agendas are available prior to the meeting in the Town Clerk’s Office or for your convenience on the Town’s website under the agenda & meeting packet link. Minutes are available following approval under the council minutes link.