No person between the ages of sixteen (16) years and sixty-four (64) years, inclusive, shall fish in the Town-owned lakes before securing a Fishing Certificate from the Town Treasurer's Office and paying the user fee.
**In addition to a Town Fishing Certificate, most individuals are required to obtain a state issued fishing license from the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries. For information please contact them at 1-866-721-6911.**
HOURS FOR FISHING; SIZE LIMITS ON FISH:
Fishing is allowed one hour before sunrise and one hour after sunset. Size limits are posted at the lake.
SALE OF CATCH IS PROHIBITED.
UNLAWFUL METHODS OF TAKING FISH
- It shall be unlawful to take or attempt to take fish from the Town lakes by means other than pole with hook and line or rod and reel intended to be handheld.
- Unlawful methods of taking fish from the Town lakes shall include, but are not limited to, fish traps, fish pots, trot lines or haul seines.
- Violation of this section shall constitute a Class 2 misdemeanor.
FEES AND PURCHASING A USER CERTIFICATE:
Standard two-year user certificate: Standard two-year permit: $20.00 (prorated throughout the permit period)
- January 1, 2019 - June 30, 2019: $20
- July 1, 2019 - December 31, 2019: $15
- January 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020: $10
Fishing Certificates can be purchased at the Town Treasurer's Office at 400 South Main Street, Suite 109, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
After Monday through Friday or Online, please click here to purchase a Certificate to Fish.