Regular monthly meetings: Tuesday @ 6:00PM
Work sessions: First Thursday @ 8:30AM.
Town Council Meeting Room located at the Economic Development Center, 803 S. Main St.
Purpose of the Commission:
The Planning Commission consists of five members who serve four-year terms. Members shall be all town citizens. Commission holds public hearings and reviews and makes recommendations to Council on rezonings, conditional use permits and other matters required by Council. Commission also reviews and recommends changes to the Town’s five-year comprehensive plan. Members act as representatives to other authorities, boards and commissions of the Town, such as Culpeper Renaissance Inc. and the Culpeper Parking Authority.
Duties of the Commission:
- Exercise general supervision of, and make regulations for, the administration of its affairs.
- Prescribe rules pertaining to its investigations and hearings.
- Supervise its fiscal affairs and responsibilities, under rules and regulations prescribed by the governing body.
- Keep a complete record of its proceedings and be responsible for the custody and preservation of its papers and documents.
- Make recommendations and an annual report to the governing body concerning the operation of the Commission and the status of planning within its jurisdiction.
- Prepare, publish and distribute reports, ordinances, and other material relating to its activities.
- Prepare and submit an annual budget in the manner prescribed by the governing body of the Town.
- If deemed advisable, establish an advisory committee or committees.
- The Commission shall prepare and recommend a Comprehensive Plan for the physical development of the Town pursuant to Section 15.2-2223 of the Code of Virginia.
Planning Commission Members:
|| Home Phone
John P. Flanagan
|110 Sunset Lane
J. David Cubbage
|620 Yowell Drive
John L. Cerio
|913 Langdale Ct
|324 W. Asher Street
Keith D. Price
|809 S. West Street
||Pleasure of Council
Contact: Planning and Community Development, (540) 829-8260