Regular monthly meetings: third Tuesday @ 6PM.
Work sessions: first Thursday @ 6PM.
Municipal Building, Third Floor Committee Room, 400 South Main Street, Culpeper.
Purpose of the Commission:
The Planning Commission consists of five (5) town citizens who serve four-year terms. The primary purpose of the Commission is to serve in an advisory capacity to the Town Council by preparing and recommending plans, ordinances, capital improvements plan, and other documents to the Council for its consideration. The Commission advises the Council on land use matters, such as rezonings and conditional use permits.
Duties of the Commission:
- Exercise general supervision of, and make regulations for, the administration of its affairs.
- Prescribe rules pertaining to its investigations and hearings.
- Supervise its fiscal affairs and responsibilities, under rules and regulations prescribed by the governing body.
- Keep a complete record of its proceedings and be responsible for the custody and preservation of its papers and documents.
- Make recommendations and an annual report to the governing body concerning the operation of the Commission and the status of planning within its jurisdiction.
- Prepare, publish and distribute reports, ordinances, and other material relating to its activities.
- Prepare and submit an annual budget in the manner prescribed by the governing body of the Town.
- If deemed advisable, establish an advisory committee or committees.
- The Commission shall prepare and recommend a Comprehensive Plan for the physical development of the Town pursuant to Section 15.2-2223 of the Code of Virginia.
Planning Commission Members:
James Clements, CPC
Charles Crist, CPC
Meaghan Taylor, CPC
John Cerio, CPC
Jim Risner, CPC
|Pleasure of Council||(540) 825-3392|
Planning and Community Development, (540) 829-8260